Top Things to Do When in Fiji
Fiji is home to some of the most beautiful and unique environments in the world. From its pristine beaches, lush jungles, and vibrant coral reefs, Fiji has something for everyone. Whether you’re a nature enthusiast or an adventurer, you’ll find plenty of exciting things to do when visiting Fiji. Here are some of the top things to do when in Fiji:
1. Visit Sabeto Hot Springs and Mud Pool. This magnificent hot springs and mud pool is located just outside of Nadi and provides a unique experience that can’t be found anywhere else. Relax in the therapeutic mineral-rich waters or take it up a notch by slathering yourself in the mud from the pool.
2. Explore the Mamanuca Islands. These small islands are well known for their stunning beaches and lush tropical forests, making them a great spot for snorkelling and swimming. Take a day to explore these beautiful islands or just relax on the white sand beach and take in the tranquil environment.
3. Climb up to Mt. Tomanivi Summit. Challenge yourself by scaling the highest peak in Fiji, the 1,324-meter (4,344 ft) Mount Tomanivi summit. Not only is this a great way to get an impressive view of the surrounding area but it’s also a fantastic opportunity to explore the high-altitude forests, meadows and wildlife that inhabit this part of Fiji.
4. Visit Kula Eco Park. A perfect day out for all age groups, here you can go on a guided tour around the park’s various habitats and view native animals such as birds, reptiles and mammals, learn about traditional Fijian culture and observe the many species of flora found in this lush and diverse environment.
5. Take a boat trip to some of the other islands in Fiji. Exploring these far-flung islands by boat is an experience you won’t soon forget. Whether it’s taking a private yacht charter around the Mamanuca Islands or a Cruise Ship Fiji has to offer, you’ll discover the beautiful and lush beaches, coral reefs and secluded bays that make Fiji so special. There are plenty of options for boat trips in Fiji, from cruising around the Yasawa Islands or taking a day trip to the Garden Island of Taveuni.
6. Visit a traditional Fijian village and get an insight into the local culture. There are many rural villages in Fiji that you can visit, where you’ll be welcomed into homes and learn about Fijian customs and traditions. You’ll also get to experience a traditional Fijian feast, called a “Lovo” which is traditionally cooked underground in an oven.
Visit a Reef
What is a reef? A reef is a collection of coral that has formed over many years, creating an amazing underwater ecosystem full of colourful fish and other sea creatures. Fiji’s Mamanuca Islands have some of the most pristine coral reefs in the world, where you can snorkel or scuba dive to explore this fascinating, colourful world.
Why should you visit a reef? Visiting a reef in Fiji is an unforgettable experience. You can admire the vibrant colours of coral, spot exotic fish and other sea creatures, or just take a leisurely swim in the crystal-clear waters.
Whatever you choose to do in Fiji, make sure to include a visit to one of the island’s beautiful reefs. There is no better way to appreciate the beauty and diversity of this tropical paradise. Plus, you’ll be able to take home memories that will last a lifetime!