Since 2020, we have all become increasingly aware of the importance of exercise to our overall well-being or health and running is one of the best forms of physical activity. Running remains one of the most popular forms of exercise for women because it is freeing and anyone, no matter their fitness level, can do it. No gym membership is required, no extra equipment is needed and all you have to do is put on your pair of running trainers and hit the open road. Running trainers women should invest in must offer protection for feet, knees, legs, backs and joints, keeping you on the path to health and freedom without injury.
Running trainers women should purchase don’t come cheap – but your body will thank you for putting your purse in the right place. The benefits that come with investing in a good part of running trainers are unparalleled – let’s take a look.
The Benefits of Good Running Trainers for Women
Running has a variety of benefits for women’s health. It increases lung capacity, lowers blood pressure and even reduces the risk of heart disease and strokes in women. Good running shoes play an important role in this as they are designed to better the entire running experience.
Good running trainers for women will:
- Cushion your midsole from the impact of the ground
- Support your arches
- Improve your overall running performance
- Reduce stress to heels, toes and ankles
- Prevent hip, knee and back pain
- Prevent joint pain, stress fractures and tendonitis
All in all, a good running shoe is an investment in injury prevention and better performance.
Effective running trainers for women make for an effective workout. If you select the wrong running shoes for your body, you open the door to injuring yourself and stopping your progress and health goals. People that spend time running in cheaper shoes will find their decision to be more costly in the end – with medical bills piling up quickly – and even lifelong joint pain.
Busting Running Shoe Myths
The above outlines that good quality running trainers are important to runners and their body, but what determines a good running shoe? There are many myths about running shoes that need to be unpacked to ensure you are able to select the best running shoes for you, your body and your overall physical health.
- There is no such thing as the perfect running trainers for women. Every foot is different and every running style is different. It is important to investigate the right shoe for you, your running style and your foot. In order to do this, take a look at the features offered by certain shoes and the technology they are designed with. Find what works best for you, what cushions your weak spots and what will drive you further down the road.
- Brands don’t matter. Just because one brand of shoe worked for you in the past, doesn’t mean all their shoes and styles will work for you. With this in mind, it’s important to remember that no brand of shoe will automatically make you run faster – you need to put in the work and the right shoe will help you achieve your goal – not achieve it for you.
- Men and Women’s Trainers: The only difference in men and women’s running trainers is design and colour – they are made with the same technology and designed for the same outcomes.
- Lightweight means faster: Lightweight shoes don’t make you faster – you make you faster. Lightweight shoes do not work for everyone and it’s important you do the relevant research when purchasing lightweight shoes as they may not suit your running style or long-term goal.
Just as football players need balls and bike riders need helmets, runners need a good pair of trainers for protection. By investing in a good pair of running trainers women are able to prevent injury while bettering their craft. Though good running trainers don’t come cheap, they are an overall investment in protecting your body and bettering your health.